North Florida Surgeons, Fort Walton Beach Division
What is ORBERA?
What is ORBERA?
The ORBERA Intragastric Balloon is made to help you lose weight. ORBERA is a balloon made of soft, smooth silicone rubber. The empty balloon is passed through your mouth, down your esophagus, and into your stomach. Once in place, it is filled with saline. It then becomes about the size of a grapefruit. The filled ORBERA floats in your stomach and takes up space.
FDA APPROVED SAFE AND EFFECTIVE
The ORBERA weight loss system helps patients lose 3x the weight of diet and exercise alone.
NON-SURGICAL WEIGHT LOSS
ORBERA is a reversible non-surgical weight loss procedure, which means no incisions, stitches, or scars.
REAL WORLD RESULTS
Millions of pounds have been lost with ORBERA, with over 220,000 gastric balloons distributed worldwide.
#1 WEIGHT LOSS GASTRIC BALLOON
ORBERA is the global leading weight loss balloon and has helped thousands meet their weight loss goals for over 20 years
ORBERA takes up space in your stomach and it will make you feel very full with a small meal. It helps you learn proper portion control over the six months with it in your stomach.
Does it really work? How much can I expect to lose?
ORBERA has helped thousands of patients lose stubborn fat. Patients on average lose 3x the weight of diet or exercise, or about 10% of their total body weight.
When will I see the results?
The weight loss is rapid with most of the weight loss occuring in the first three months after balloon placement. While most of the weight loss occurs in the first few months, ORBERA Coach is a 12 month program that provides you the coaching and training that you need to learn how to keep the weight off for the long term.
What do I do if I gain weight?
Many people are able to use the time with their ORBERA Balloon and coaching to develop a new lifestyle so that they are able to maintain their weight loss or possibly continue to lose weight. This is why the coaching and follow up after the balloon removal is so important.
What is ORBERA Coach?
ORBERA Coach is an innovative program designed to provide post-procedure support for ORBERA System patients during their weight loss journey. Including live 1:1 an and group sessions with registered dietitian coaches, motivational tools, and comprehensive information delivered via the digital device of your choice. You can get the suppport you need from the convenience of your own home or anywhere else for that matter.
The complete ORBERA Aftercare Program includes the following resources to assist you with adjusting to your new and improved lifestyle:
- 12 personalized 1:1 session with a registered dietitian
- 12 group sessions with a registered dietitian
- Physician visibility of progress and trackers
- 100's of ORBERA appropriate recipes
- Mobile Apps: iOS and Android
- Connectivity with activity trackers
- Unique picture based food diary
- Welcome Kit with diet and exercise aids
Acces your coach via video chat wherever you have WIFI access using your computer, tablet or smartphone at times that are convenient for you.
Learn from the extensive information in the content library, use tracking tools, and adopt healthy eating habits by selecting from hunderds of healthy recipes.
Your coach and doctor can see your progress so you'll have the professional support you need when you need it throughout your 12-month ORBERA Program.
Who can receive ORBERA?
ORBERA is for adults suffering from obesity who have not been able to lose weight and keep it off.
To receive ORBERA, you must be willing to follow a 12-month program. The program begins with the use of ORBERA and a healthy diet and a healthy diet and exercise program for 6 months. That is followed by 6 more months of a healthy diet and exercise program without ORBERA in your stomach.
Who cannot receive ORBERA?
- You are not a candidate for the ORBERA if you have sever damage to the liver.
- You are not a candidate for tthe ORBERA if you take prescription aspirin, anti-inflammatory agents, anticoagulants or other gastric irritants daily.
- You are not a candidate for the ORBERA if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are not a candidate for the ORBERA if you have stomach problems such as irritation or ulcers
- There may be other reasons why you cannot have the device. Your doctor will ask for your medical history and will examine you to decide if ORBERA is right for you.